Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Class Announcement

Hello Castlemont Coders --

Hope that you all are enjoying the long weekend.  Please read the announcements below!

ABSENCES and TARDIES:
These were a huge issue in the first week.  I know that some of you were added to the roster late.  Still, this does not excuse the amount of missed class time our class collectively totaled over the course of the week.  There were 24 tardies last week.  Every minute counts.

I won't harp on this point too much, but now is time to get serious about your commitment to computer science.  We are so fortunate -- 9 out of 10 high schools in America do not offer computer science courses.  Of the 3.6 million AP tests administered last year, only 3,000 were to black or Latino students in CS.  We need to take advantage of what we have been given.  (Also, check my stats here.)

My expectations are the following:  you need to be in the classroom, computers on and Eclipse loaded, by 8:25 so that class starts at 8:30 on the dot.  I know that you all are capable of this.  Let me know how I can support you.

COMPUTERS:
The laptops are ordered and we are just waiting for them to arrive.  Thank you for your patience.  It looks like we may be 3-4 short, so if you have a laptop that you haven't yet told me about, let me know.

SURVEY:
Please fill out the following survey for TEALS, the organization that brought us Mark, Tikku, Jason, and James.  I need everyone to do this by next Friday (but do it now, please).

INSTRUCTOR FEEDBACK:
Do you have comments, advice, or questions for our instructors?  They would love to hear from you about your experience in AP CS thus far.  Fill out this feedback page.

Looking forward to seeing you (on time!) tomorrow morning.

Hugs,
Shorall

No comments:

Post a Comment